Youth (Clubs) Rugby
- Players who mainly play rugby for their club - players who attend schools with no rugby or a limited rugby programme.
- Game at this level being administered by the irfu youth committee assisted by club; area and branch committees.
- Youth sections consist of leprechaun (non-contact) and mini rugby and 15 -a-side rugby u13 to 19.
- Branches oversee leagues and cup competitions at the various age categories and the provincial (league) winners represent their province in the All Ireland U17 & 19 Club competitions.
- Representative rugby: U18 Club inter-provincial matches (including Exiles U18's) and the Ireland U18 Youths (Clubs) team play international matches.
- High percentage of age grade players makes the transition from age grade rugby into the adult game.
- The game at this level is greatly supported by tireless work of volunteer coaches, managers and committees.
© 2016 Content: IRFU Play Rugby, Video: Munster Rugby and John O'Neill, Game cards: Leinster Rugby and Derek Maybury Privacy & Cookies delivered by Sotic powered by OpenText WSM